Future Pathways Consultants
Primary School-High School-Tertiary Institutions
Future Pathways Consultants (FPC) is an innovative private enterprise that uses various
career exploration activities to help young people to identify and fulfil their career goals.
The business was established to help the high number of primary, secondary and tertiary
students in South Africa, Zimbabwe and around the world who are studying and have
completed their studies but still have no idea what they want to do with their lives. The
business is positioned to improve the way career services and awareness is delivered in
schools, tertiary institutions by using tools such as, career assessments, career events,
providing scholarship information, ongoing career development workshops and access to career mentors.
- Gives students broader exposure to the working world
- Increases the likelihood they will complete high school and pursue post-secondary
- Improves the attitude of students about career opportunities, motivating them to aspire
to their dream and passionate careers.
- Helps students envision how they will fit into the world of work.
- Helps them better plan their high school subject and degree choices to gain the skills,
knowledge values and competencies they need to achieve their goals.
- Career activities help young students to set career goals, so that they can clearly
define their “When I grow up” plans and move a childhood fantasy closer to reality.
- Career exploration improves academic performance.
- Better enables them to set realistic goals for themselves, knowing the preparation they
will need for specific careers.